• Project 4: Sculpture

    My fourth studio assignment of the subject RUS104 - Sculpture

    We are required to create a sculpture with the theme and concept of 'sustainability'.

    This is my finishing sculpture named 'Circle of Life'. I used only waste paper to build my sculpture to match with the theme of 'sustainability'. Seven icosahedrons are connected together to form my sculpture. The description of my sculpture is written at the side.

     Plan of my sculpture.

     Front elevation of my sculpture.

     Left elevation of my sculpture.

     Rear elevation of my sculpture.

     Right elevation of my sculpture.

    Isometric view of my sculpture.



    This project gives me the chance to boost my imagination and creativity not only in coming out with an idea, but also in realizing my idea into a true object. This is truely an amazing 'nothing to something' experience. To match with the theme of 'sustainabilty', I have to ensure that my sculpture is stable and able to stand up steadily. Therefore, it took me a long time to find the balance point in connecting the icosahedrons so that they do not fall apart easily.

    0 comments → Project 4: Sculpture

    Post a Comment

Inspiring quotes...

Inspiring Design...

Best Buildings Of 2012